Lamictal (Lamotrigine) is prescribed to control partial seizures in people with epilepsy. It is also used to control a serious form of epilepsy known as Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. For effective relief of epilepsy symptoms, order Generic Lamictal today and experience better health!
Lamictal may also be marketed as: Labileno, Lamictin, Lamogine, Lamotrigine, Lamotriginum.
*Lamictal® is a registered trademark of GlaxoSmithKline.
Lamictal 25mg Pills (Generic)
Lamictal 50mg Pills (Generic)
Lamictal 100mg Pills (Generic)
Lamictal 200mg Pills (Generic)
Generic Lamictal (lamotrigine) is an anti-epileptic medication, also called an anticonvulsant. Generic Lamictal is used either alone or in combination with other medications to treat epileptic seizures in adults and children. Generic Lamictal is also used to delay mood episodes in adults with bipolar disorder (manic depression). The immediate-release form of lamotrigine (regular tablet and the orally disintegrating tablet, Lamictal ODT) can be used in children as young as 2 years old when it is given as part of a combination of seizure medications.
Take Generic Lamictal exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label. Do not crush, chew, or break a regular Lamictal tablet. Swallow it whole.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these other serious side effects:
- the first sign of any skin rash, no matter how mild;
- fever, swollen glands, body aches, flu symptoms, headache, neck stiffness, increased sensitivity to light;
- easy bruising or bleeding, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness;
- upper stomach pain, loss of appetite, dark urine, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- chest pain, irregular heart rhythm, feeling short of breath;
- confusion, nausea and vomiting, swelling, rapid weight gain, urinating less than usual or not at all;
- pale skin, feeling light-headed or short of breath, rapid heart rate, trouble concentrating; or
- increased seizures or worsening of your bipolar disorder.
Less serious Lamictal side effects may include:
- tremors, dizziness, tired feeling;
- blurred vision, double vision;
- loss of coordination;
- dry mouth, mild nausea, stomach pain, upset stomach;
- changes in your menstrual periods;
- back pain;
- sleep problems (insomnia); or
- runny nose, sore throat.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Before taking Generic Lamictal, tell your doctor if you have kidney or liver disease, a history of depression or suicidal thoughts, or if you are allergic to other seizure medications.
Generic Lamictal may cause severe or life-threatening skin rash, especially in children and in people who take too high of a dose at the start of treatment with Lamictal.
You may have thoughts about suicide while taking this medication. Tell your doctor if you have new or worsening depression or suicidal thoughts during the first several months of treatment, or whenever your dose is changed.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- hormonal forms of birth control (pills, injections, implants, or skin patches);
- carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Equetro, Tegretol);
- divalproex (Depakote);
- oxcarbazepine (Trileptal);
- phenobarbital (Solfoton);
- primidone (Mysoline);
- phenytoin (Dilantin);
- rifampin (Rifadin, Rifater, Rifamate, Rimactane); or
- valproic acid (Depakene, Stavzor).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Lamictal.